Boss: You should be able to read my mind, know how I think, what I will do and what I expect you to do. Is this expectation unrealistic?
Subordinate: Yes.
*TEH!!* (Think: buzzer sound) The correct answer is: "No, of cos not."
Attestation: Boss looks at Subordinate with incomprehension.
The shovelling starts...
Boss: Do you think you are part of my inner circle?
Sub: No.
*TEH!!* The correct answer is "YES".
Attestation: Boss looks at Subordinate in bafflement.
Further attestation:
Boss: Huh? I consider you to be part of my inner circle. You are privy to a lot of confidential information, and how I think about a lot of things. Why do you not consider yourself as part of my inner circle?
Sub: (Harlow... I am privy to a lot of stuff because you made me your P.A., and I need the info to be able to do your work. Dun make it sound like I'm soooooo privileged to get special treatment ok!)
1 metre deep...
Boss: Would you like to be like S?
(S is Sub's senior who was the Boss' right-hand person and most trusted aide.)
Sub: In what way?
*TEH!!* The obvious correct answer is "YES", you idiot!! What do you mean in what way???
Boss: Her work, leading a team...
Sub: Of course, that would be good.
Boss: To be able to do that, you have to be able to read my mind, know how I think, what I will do and what I expect you to do. S used to know very well how I think and how I wanted things done.
Sub: (But I do not like way you handle a lot of things. And I do not want to be like S. I would like to take on her kind of job responsibilities, but I DO NOT want to be like her!)
Boss: In the past, when people want to know what I think, who do you think they will check with?
Sub: S. (Grr...)
Finally one correct answer.
Boss: Yes. Do you know why? Because she knows how I think and how I would want things to be done.
Sub: (Grr... Can you stop S this S that?)
Boss: So, in order to be able to take on her role, you have to be like S and be able to read my mind, know how I think, what I will do and what I expect you to do.
Boss: And when something happens, you need to be proactive and evaluate the situation and take action instead of waiting for instructions from me.
Sub: I think in terms of handling the customer account, that has always been my approach. I have always taken the initiative to solve any problem that comes up.
Boss: Yes, I think for the customer account, you have done a very good job.
Sub: (You had better think so loh! I did a darn good job there loh! Dun you dare say I was not proactive enough!)
3 metres deep...
Boss: I trust you, which is why you are privy to a lot of information and to how I think. Now, who else knows about H's departure?
Sub: ... (thinking about whether to tell the truth, decided to be honest about it, heck care)... L.
(L is Sub's friend whom Sub referred into the company.)
*RED ALERT*
Boss: Which means that L's two managers also know.
Sub: No, they don't. I'm sure she did not tell them, as we would expect you to make the announcement.
Boss frowning and deep in thought.
Sub: I did not mention any of the other confidential matters to L. That is understood. Do you have any issue about me mentioning to L about H's departure?
Boss: No, that's a grey area.
Sub: (On one hand you are telling me that you trust me, and yet you are asking me who else I talked to regarding H's resignation, obviously anticipating the person to be L. It just shows that you DO NOT trust me! And you obviously think that L will also snitch info to her managers, which means you don't trust both our professionalism!)
The digging is more or less completed...
Boss: Do you realise that I have always been looking out for you?
Sub looks at Boss with a blank face.
*TEH!!*
Boss: Do you remember when you first started I was always telling the big boss how good you ah?
Sub: Mm-hmm.
*TEH!!* What kind of response is that?? You should be saying "Yes, I really appreciated that, thank you."
Boss: I don't do that for everyone. I only do it for you.
Sub looks at Boss with a blank face.
*TEH!!* *TEH!!* *TEH!!*
Sub: (You are my direct boss, of cos you should take care of me, right? The others' bosses also take care of their staff. Don't make it sound like you're giving me preferential treatment just because you happen to be the GM! Kaoz!)
Ok, bring in the coffin...
Sunday, October 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
谢谢 XM 的评语:“超搞笑!超滑稽!可是却是时时刻刻发生在我们身边的事...多无奈啊...” 和大力关照,把我这篇文章link 在她的 blog page (http://www.spaces.msn.com/members/gnomic/)!
我在写的时候,只是实实在在地把scenario 写出来,没想到效果出来会是让读者觉得滑稽搞笑。后来再去读一遍,还真是蛮好笑的!
哈哈!老王卖瓜!
I'm not too sure if it's 关照...cos I dun think many visit my blog...haha...
I din mean to 忽视 whatever u wrote/experienced at work place...but it's really funny...I also dunno y...maybe it's the way u presented it...what will happen if u say out whatever that's in the brackets? Or blank face is gd enough le? No need to 说得太白?
So how's the situation now?
Dun worry, I never thought your comment was in any way of 忽视. I guess I presented it rather funnily. It was meant to camouflage, but I guess the farce wasn't very well done. Haha.
四个字:每况愈下
Post a Comment