Thank goodness for International Museum Day, Maz, Kheng and I visited the Singapore Arts Museum for free, and what a fulfilling trip it turned out to be! Cos I discovered my new favourite artist... 吴冠中! Well, I've never actually had a favourite artist, so he's my first favourite artist! Haha! I love his works! Ooh... I so LOVE 'em!
春草

This was the first piece that I liked at the exhibition because it's so cheery. Imagine, an old man at the age of 83 drawing something so contemporary! Wow.

This was the first piece that I liked at the exhibition because it's so cheery. Imagine, an old man at the age of 83 drawing something so contemporary! Wow.
迹

This is my FAVOURITE artwork. It's about scattered memories. 吴冠中 is such a philosopher and his works have such a poetic feel, he is more than just an artist... he is a 哲学诗画家!

This is my FAVOURITE artwork. It's about scattered memories. 吴冠中 is such a philosopher and his works have such a poetic feel, he is more than just an artist... he is a 哲学诗画家!
洪荒

This, the 3 of us love!

This, the 3 of us love!
海南人家

花

I guess 吴冠中 must have been much influenced by Vincent van Gogh as 《海南人家》 and 《花》 seem to exude some of that feel.

花

I guess 吴冠中 must have been much influenced by Vincent van Gogh as 《海南人家》 and 《花》 seem to exude some of that feel.
故乡之晨

One of Maz's favourite! This is one of the selected images available for sale as print on canvas, so she might be getting it.

One of Maz's favourite! This is one of the selected images available for sale as print on canvas, so she might be getting it.
鹤舞

I think Kheng would buy the print of this piece.

I think Kheng would buy the print of this piece.
花果山

Too bad this is not one of the images available for sale, otherwise I think Kheng would want to get this.

Too bad this is not one of the images available for sale, otherwise I think Kheng would want to get this.
月如钩

This is my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE! But this pic doesn't do it any justice at all. You need to see the real thing, absolutely the real thing! 吴冠中referred to 李煜's famous verse “恰似一江春水向东流”and wondered if 李煜 would 泪流满面again if he had a chance to see this painting. OMG, it's so emotional, I tell you. You must view the painting and read the words. Ahhh...

This is my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE! But this pic doesn't do it any justice at all. You need to see the real thing, absolutely the real thing! 吴冠中referred to 李煜's famous verse “恰似一江春水向东流”and wondered if 李煜 would 泪流满面again if he had a chance to see this painting. OMG, it's so emotional, I tell you. You must view the painting and read the words. Ahhh...
渔港

Since my favourites are not available for print, I might get this or《吴家庄》instead.
黄河

This is so cute! 吴冠中did it just 3 years ago when he was 87. We think this is one old man with a sense of humour! So cool, right?
可惜,家人和密友无法分享我这份兴趣与喜悦。幸好,当男人失陪时,还有妈妈and girl friends!

This is so cute! 吴冠中did it just 3 years ago when he was 87. We think this is one old man with a sense of humour! So cool, right?
可惜,家人和密友无法分享我这份兴趣与喜悦。幸好,当男人失陪时,还有妈妈and girl friends!

In the background is the enlarged print of one of my favourites 《水田》.

The background shows the enlarged prints of 《吴家庄》.


1 comment:
I din know he's so old...his works definitely do not look that...
Post a Comment