It is a new year again! What happened in 2011? I cannot recall much (as always), but here are some of the milestones that were close to my heart.
Yuwei and I had a fabulous 慢活 holiday in Taiwan.

My baby niece was born in May 2011 while I was still in Taiwan.

I got married on 1 Oct 2011 and we had a wonderful honeymoon in Europe.


I cut my hair short once we got back from the honeymoon.

These past 3 months of married life had been a roller coaster ride. Who knew that the honeymoon phase of a marriage could be so turbulent? Fortunately, things are starting to smoothen out and we are learning to be more in sync with each other.
On 30 Dec 2011, we successfully hosted a simple steamboat dinner for my friends. I was pleasantly surprised by his enthusiasm for the event.
On new year's eve, we successfully prepared a simple meal of home cooked food together. He did all the preparation and I did the cooking. After the previous disappointing meal, I was immensely proud of my delicious soup and vegetables that were cooked just right!


Today, we caught our first movie of the year - We Bought a Zoo. Surprisingly, so many parents brought their kids to watch this. For a moment, we thought that we had wrongly entered the cinema for Alvin and the Chipmunks! Haha...
This is a movie made with heart, which probably explains why it was such a delight to watch. It is the perfect movie to start the year with! And there is a little quote from the movie that we may learn from:
"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
May this year be a fun and exciting one!

3 comments:
more fantastic milestones this year!!!
Happy new year to you too Xiaohui dear! Marriage life is different than dating life.. But it's good that you have smoothen things out now. You have decades to come my dear! =) I am also hoping that this year will be an exciting and good one. New house, a job and I'm aiming for a dragon baby.. you too?!!! =D
Hey Christine, we don't have plans to start a family yet. Dragon baby will be too competitive in Singapore. But I wish you best of luck with the baby stork! :D
Post a Comment