Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pan Fried Ribeye Steak



It's not burnt, it just looks so. Haha.

We're on our way to making the perfect home-cooked steak!

posted from Bloggeroid

3 comments:

X10 said...

I think the trick is to use butter instead of oil. Make sure your steak is left outside to warm to normal room temperature. Just put pepper and salt and no herbs or marinade. You'll not get black looking steak in this way. It's usually black because the herbs and marinade are burned before the steak is cooked. Use high fire and just 2-3 mins on each side. Don't keep turning it. =) Good luck! Your husband is nice to be cooking all the nice homecook dishes for you. Maybe next time our get together should be at someone's place to taste some homecooked food! =)

Xïåöhüï said...

Thanks for the advice! Any tips on how to make a good sauce to go with the steak? Hehe!

I think our next get-together will be a long while away... You will not be travelling soon and I have no plans to go to Holland yet...

X10 said...

Well, you can make use of the remaining oil after baking the steak. Cut onion in shreds and mushrooms too. First fry the onion with the remaining oil and then the mushrooms. If there is too little oil, then add a bit. You can then put some oyster sauce and pepper to make it a bit saucy. If you want cream sauce, put a bit of liquid cream (liquid whip cream will do too). I am not sure what cream there is in SG, but I often cook with oyster sauce. It's nice!

This way of cooking steak is also applicable to pork chop and chicken filet. Should try. If you like, can try with cranberry sauce. I find it nice with meat. =)

We're hoping to go back next year lah.. Hopefully in May. Hehe.. Depends on finance. =) Maybe you'll be pregnant by then? Hehe..