Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Spring Cleaning!

Chinese New Year is around the corner, so I decided to clean out my cabinet.

When we moved house about one year ago, I already threw away a lot of stuff, but I also still kept many things. One year has passed, and I realised that I hardly even looked at the stuff that I kept with me! Many things, I've kept all these years for sentimental value. But maybe I'm just a hoarder. It's time to clear the clutter! But before I throw them away for good, I took some photos for keepsake. Ha!

This calculator has been with me since Sec 1. Lasted till post-JC, I think. Then spoiled already still couldn't bear to throw away. Today, out it goes...

A paper clip holder from my NY days.

Chinese chess set since... I also can't remember when... probably primary school days...

Bus passes from Uni days.

Souvenirs from my NYNP Batch 27 farewell.

Nicknacks.

More nicknacks.

I still can't bear to throw away the old autograph books, letters, cards, etc. As I read through some of them, I realised that despite all these years, I'm still pretty much the same. My character and my attitude towards cartain things have not changed much. I was going through an old correspondence that occurred during my early JC days. From there, I realised that when I'm curious about a person, I will be rather active in finding out more about the person. It is only today that I realised that I can be quite an initiating person. No wonder that day many years ago I went up to the guy at the bus stop and spoke to him! My most outrageous act to date.

And no wonder I did what I did the other day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...so funny..u.... i realise many things u hav i also hav. Like the Nanyang calculator, the NPCC Delta things (i forgot i was from delta too)... i also collect bus pass, but not from uni but from my primary school and sec school days... many things we can't bear to throw, just hav to bear grumblings from mother that i keep those useless things... anyway... now u can keep the memories intact by postings pics of them online. dun sad =p

Anonymous said...

LOL, some of those things like the calculator, the NP stuff are so familiar. think i still have them somewhere too. hee.

i've thrown away many stuff but some still can't bear to throw leh. heee