I was on leave yesterday. Cos it's 冬至。Nah, kidding. I took leave to catch Narnia with SKH and Caroline, and to shop, eat, drink & be merry... before I go home in the evening for 汤圆。The movie was 11am at Cineleisure, so I believe we caught the first screening of Narnia on the opening day! Haha! Ok, but that's not the point.
The point is, I'm so important that I can't even take one day off in peace!
At 8.50am, the Malaysia logistics person called me to enquire about my order. Ok, he's forgiven, 'cos he probably didn't know that I was on leave.
And throughout the whole day, Ms Lilian was calling me 'cos she's standing in for her gal who's on leave and away on a road trip in M'sia, and there's no one else she could ask.
I was telling SKH and Caroline that I'm very important now, to my company, 'cos well, I'm the only person left in my team. But this kind of importance, is not something that I desire, 'cos I can't make out whether I'm valued for my abilities, or simply just because I'm the only person around to handle the work...
Then at 4+ in the afternoon, I got a call from the my client's export admin person. She asked me something that I had already given her the answer the day before! Wah lau, she knew I was on leave loh! Couldn't she have waited till I got back? So what if it's a simple question that requires only a straightforward answer? And it's straightforward only becos I had worked out the answer the day before. And I had already given her the answer the day before I went on leave what! I was on leave leh, shouldn't she have respected that?
Yes, so you see, I am very important. For what? I wonder...
Friday, December 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment