A. To Treasure & To Let Go
So... The plan was for you to handle this project, but with the turn of events, this project is now assigned to him and you are stuck with whatever is on your plate. So, he will gain exposure to operations that cover a bigger area of the globe and he will probably also be in the line of sight of the Regional Head since the RH is paying much attention to this project. The highest level of contact for you remains at that of the Country Head.
It irks you that this is happening.
But, my friend, let me remind you... Because of the bold decision that you made the other day, the Country Head called you to thank you personally for saving him from more sleepless nights. The Manager also thanked you profusely for your efforts to keep them on track of their business needs. That, I think, is the ultimate recognition of your customer service quality. APPRECIATION. And, for being able to understand your customer's needs & wants and delivering accordingly, I think you deserve a pat on the back. What's more, you have your boss's affirmation of your decision.
You may have missed this chance to gain exposure to more globe-extensive operations & the RH, but it is not the end, you know. You now stand strong in your own niche, and there's no telling that your capabilities may reach the ears of the RH in time to come, who knows.
There's a Chinese saying: 塞翁失马、焉知非福. You may have missed this chance this time, but something better may come along, and it may be just around the corner for all you know.
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求。不是叫你认命,而是提醒你要懂得放下。
Treasure and recognise your achievements. No point fretting over something that you cannot change.
这不是阿Q。只是有些事,执著下去耿耿于怀,也是于事无补,所以要看得开。
B. Attitude
I can tolerate people who are blur, but I cannot accept it if you totally have no idea what is happening when you are supposed to be in charge. If you are not clear about the situation, you should jolly well go and find out about it!
I can tolerate careless mistakes once in a while, but I cannot accept it if you do not do your work properly. I understand that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes once in a while. But if there are mistakes in every single report that you do and in many of the files that you send out, I do not think you can excuse it as being careless anymore. I think you just cannot be bothered to do your work well. If you know that you are prone to careless mistakes, you should jolly well check & re-check your work before you send it out!
I can understand that when you do not like the job, it is unbearable for you to do the work. But I cannot accept slipshod work just because you do not like to do it. That, to me, shows a lack of responsibility.
I can accept criticisms and new ideas, but I cannot tolerate it if you question/challenge the way I do things without even trying to understand why things are done this way in the first place.
I do not think that I am asking for too much. Neither do I think that I have double standards. If this is the standard that I ask of myself, I do not think it is unreasonable of me to ask the same of you.
Saturday, December 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment