Saturday, February 18, 2006

Talk or Type?

Hermit Soo:
"Is it easier if we share our views face to face, or is it better to document what we think? hmm. Or can we talk about this as openly when we are face to face?"

Caroline:
"I think face-to-face is good but sometimes posting is just as nice. cos sometimes in retrospect, may discover new perspective. =) We can still trash it face-to-face. fun. haha"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess the above is in response to the lengthier-than-usual comment-discussion on the previous post.

My blog (read: bo-liao online graffiti) is created to document what I think/feel/see/experience. Why document? Cos I like to think, but I've got really bad memory, so I like to write down what I think, so that even when I've forgotten all my thoughts as time passes, I can refer to my records of my thoughts, and think about what I had thought about in the past. Haha. Hence, the creation of my posts. Of cos, all responses to my postings via this platform will be also documented here, which is good, cos then there's continuity.

If the post leads to a chain of multiple responses which in turn evolves into a discussion, I think it's fun & interesting. But it does not mean that it's "better" to document what we think/discuss. The good thing about this online post-and-comment thingy is that everyone can choose to respond at his/her own will & convenience. On the other hand, a face-to-face discussion will have the instantaneous/spontaneous element which is definitely lacking in an online posting-type of discussion.

文字 vs 言语

你习惯用文字来掩饰你的情感还是用言语呢?通过文字,你可以想好了要写什么才写,还可以写了再改,改到满意为止才刊登。你可以有意无意在文字中透露你的真性情或是隐瞒你真正的想法。通过言语,你则是可以利用声音和语气来作适当的透露或掩饰。

有人觉得人们在面对面接触时,或多或少都带着面具,只有在文字中才不知不觉地透露自己真正的想法。也有人觉得文字是可以仔细思考后的成品,不比人们在面对面接触时的反应来得真实。

你觉得呢?

朋友之间若是真心诚意的,不论在网上或面对面,都应该是表里如一、坦诚相对、开门见山的,不是吗?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

again i see my name, so cannot resist the urge to post something. =P

whether is it written or verbal, i don't think it should matters that much as long as it's something truthful & sincere, and not cos it gives you the 'option' of hiding something. different pp have diff ways of expressing themselves.

some are more eloquent, quick witted and able to process thoughts & arguments much faster.

some prefer to think through ideas slowly, and 'seeing' them in a written form.

in any case, some form of interaction is always better than none. ;)