Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy Last Day

Do my last expenses claim, hand-over... explain explain, lunch, more hand-over... explain explain explain, back up files in shared drive & portable hard disk, exit interview, clear remaining personal stuff in laptop, return laptop & stuff card.

That's it, my last day with the company gone in a flash.

A couple of people commented that I must have been feeling happiest today, since it's the last day. Hmmm... it's probably cos I had a broad smile on my face when I was talking to them. But no leh, I felt very normal, just like any other normal working day. I wasn't particularly happy, neither was I exceptionally sad. It was just... 没什么感觉。Maybe it's cos I was so busy trying to clear the hand-over, I had no time for emotional upheavals. Or maybe it's just me to 没什么情绪波动... 冷漠无情... heh.

Well, I was very happy on Monday, the day before the hand-over started. Dunno why, just felt positively happy that day knowing that my last day was coming. In the same afternoon, I actually felt sad when I was typing my goodbye note. On Wednesday, I actually felt sad that I was going to part with the laptop that I have been using all this while. 竟然对laptop日久深情!?

My boss arranged a farewell dinner for me at Michelangelo's Restaurant @ Holland Village yesterday. For my main course, I had the BISTECCE PEPATTA "The finest cut of air-flown, grain-fed beef tenderloin char-grilled to your liking and topped with a black peppercorn sauce". My boss got us a bottle of Black Label Wynns Coonawarra Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 1992. Good food, great wine! Heehee...

Ok, I guess that's the end. Period。

No comments: