Presented by Singapore Repertory Theatre and VizPro EntertainmentVenue: Esplanade Theatre
Date: 07 Sep 2006 (Preview Show)
Overall a good performance, Kit Chan's singing 真是没的嫌。She's good! Though I find her acting so-so only. I thought the best performer was the Empress (old Cixi, by Sheila Francisco). 她有感动到我。

I was flipping through the program booklet before the show started and found that, ooh, got 帅哥!Hehe! This guy, RJ Rosales, who acted as Prince Tuan. Cute hor? Haha!
I thought the set was very well designed also. 一物多用。
Dick Lee's music. Ok loh, quite nice, but I forgot the tunes once I stepped out of the theater. I thought the lyrics of the songs were very well written. The same verse was general enough to be sung by different characters across different scenes, and yet specific enough to bring out the feelings of the characters in their respective scenes. Credits to Stephen Clark, whoever he is.
Is the Empress Dowager Cixi the Great Witch of China or a misjudged lover and mother? This production seems to opt for the latter. I guess no one will ever know the truth. But it did stir some interest in me to find out more about this controversial lady, as well as the history of China. I know simply too little. I just have to... erm, get started on finding out more... heh.

1 comment:
Hey let me know when u managed to find out anything ok...
Post a Comment