This is a blog co-owned by Craziblues, Kheng and me. We were (and still are) always whining about our sucky jobs, so much so we decided that we should turn our attention to the happy things in our lives instead. Focusing on happy stuff would make us happier... I think... hope...
Yup, anyway, so here it is:
ourhappycorner.blogspot.com
We still lack a description for our blog, which is taking forever to develop (eyes at Craziblues)... but other than that, it's up and running!
You will notice that I am generally the happier one, since I have more entries so far... Haha! Maybe it's cos I'm easily satisfied and hence easily happy. Hehe... I'm delighted by life's simple pleasures! Which brings me to an email that I wrote 6 years ago, back in Nov 2000. Let's take stock and see what made me happy in the past still makes me happy now.
1. Daydreaming.
2. Spotting a rainbow in the sky. The last time I saw a rainbow was when we were in NZ, I think... so long ago!
3. Waking up to a nice sunny day.
4. Snuggling in bed on a cool rainy day.
5. Receiving an email from a friend who's been out of contact.
6. Receiving an out-of-the-blue "Hey, wanna meet for dinner?" page from a good friend who's been lost for a while. I guess now with pagers being replaced by handphones, it's SMS that's applicable.
7. Reading a good book.
8. Getting a yes reply to the question "Are you free today/tomorrow?"
9. Knowing that I'm not the only person who does stupid things like looking at the clouds.
10. Having this eccentric friend who greets me with "Woof!" on ICQ and responds with "hud" whenever I type "duh". Now, the platform has been shifted to MSN, but Caroline still never fail to irritate the hell out of me. But it's ok, it's a 2-way street after all. Haha!
11. Looking at the dunno-whether-to-laugh-or-to-cry expression on my mother's face whenever I rattle on and on about my theories.
12. When my brother does something nice for me.
13. Doing a good deed.
14. Knowing that people actually appreciate the weird stuff that I gave them. Though I haven't been giving out presents lately... eh... for a long time, I mean. Hee...
15. Chatting, gossiping or simply talking rot with a group of good friends at a cosy coffee joint.
16. Being around my "walking dictionary" friend.
17. Going to the outdoors / Being in touch with nature.
18. Saying something that sounds intelligent.
19. Being healthy.
20. Watching TV.
21. Reminiscing about the good times.
22. Watching the sun rise/set.
23. Just bumming around.
24. See sea.
25. Knowing that the people around you are fine.
26. Laughing.
27. Feeling good about yourself.
28. Having friends who are honest with you.
29. Being at peace with yourself.
29 out of 39 items. Not bad eh? The 10 that are not included here are mainly people/incident-specific.
It really doesn't take much to be happy. Let's remind ourselves that there are many things to be happy about in our lives. Take a moment and indulge in life's simple pleasures, 'cos after this moment, we will all go back to complaining about our sucky jobs and boring lives again. Ha! Ha! Ha!
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
So...come to this page if we wanna see ur complaints and go to another if we want to know what's making u happy lately?
I wonder...whether I can find any email which I sent 6 yrs ago...
And this phrase sounds damn familiar..."life's simple pleasures"
Mr Bean...
What?... my Placid Thoughts in Turbulent Times very complainey meh?
I don't have the email in soft copy anymore actually. I kept a hard copy of it last time. Heh.
Yah, think Mr Bean copy me... Wonder who leaked my stuff... Hehe!
10. Having this eccentric friend who greets me with "Woof!" on ICQ and responds with "hud" whenever I type "duh". Now, the platform has been shifted to MSN, but Caroline still never fail to irritate the hell out of me. But it's ok, it's a 2-way street after all. Haha!
wat has that got to do with me?
You were that person.
is it? how come i dun remember? but then sounds just like the kind of thing i'll do. lol
i know who's the 'walking dictionary'!!!
Ok, the description for Our Happy Blog is up! Finally...
First, Ms Caroline accuses me of finger-pointing. *roll eyes*
Then she says I never praise her when I have already given my compliments. Kaoz...
So now I must 双倍奉还 else the dense one still cannot feel my sincerity.
Xïåöhüï says:
that's a good description btw
craziblues says:
thank you. u can praise me on ur blog
Xïåöhüï says:
I already praised you on your blog
craziblues says:
got meh?
craziblues says:
u neber say i write nice nice *sulk*
Xïåöhüï says:
wah lau
Xïåöhüï says:
I wrote good job loh
craziblues says:
u neber say it's a nice description
Xïåöhüï says:
I wrote good job loh
craziblues says:
different mah
Xïåöhüï says:
how?
craziblues says:
sulk
craziblues says:
good job can just mean that i've finally added description but it does not indicate that the description was well written
Xïåöhüï says:
no, finally writing it does not equal good job, it's a late job
good job indicates that it was well written
craziblues says:
it does not say so
Nah, pay you back double! Happy? Hahahaha!
never knew you are so evil evil!!! tsk tsk
I din mean that...just that u dun intend to post ur entries twice, do u?
Wahseh must be careful when talking with u on MSN, dunno when the conversation will be 转载……
No worries lah, I dun save MSN conversations.
Yup, won't be posting twice, so you must visit both blogs! ;D
Post a Comment