I've been sick for... let me count... since last Sunday... that's 13 days already! Argh!!
I've never been sick for so long... not counting the time when I was down with chicken pox (that was during P5, I think). Wait, even chicken pox didn't last this long, I think. Argh! I hate to be sick...
On Sunday, 18th June, I felt my throat going bad... it's that kind of sore throat that would lead to flu, fever, etc.. the works... Sure enough, on Monday, I had fever, sore throat, cough and runny nose. Grrr... So I went to see the company doctor during lunch and got MC for one and a half days. But I continued working on Monday cos the opprtunity cost of taking MC is just too high in my office. It's crappy, but that's another story.
Then the fever got quite bad. So on Tuesday, 20th June, I stayed at home and slept the whole day, hoping to sleep the fever away. Luckily, the fever subsided by Wednesday morning, so I went back to work. But I still had flu and sore throat and some cough.
Then by Thursday or Friday, my flu sort of cleared... but my sore throat got worse! Pain pain... and I was losing my voice. But I got tickets to "Play On Earth" at 2am on Friday night, $35 leh, so must go. But the play turned out to be quite disappointing. Saturday afternoon/evening I went to catch the Arts Fest Closing at CCK.
On Sunday, 25th June, I slept in, hoping to sleep the sore throat away. But it didn't, and I developed blocked nose with thick greenish yellow mucus (yucks!), and I went to work on Monday without my voice. Then on Monday night, I was coughing so badly that I decided to go back to the company doctor on Tuesday to get stronger cough medicine, otherwise I might just cough my guts and lungs and whatever internal organs that I have out. The doctor said I had serious virus infection and put me on antibiotics.
Wah lau, dun understand... I took starfruit juice with salt, luohan chrysanthemum, luohan longan, fruits, water and more water, and I've been taking the medication as prescribed, but I still didn't get well. Why!!??
On Wednesday morning, I woke up with a piercing pain in the throat. Argh, even swallowing saliva was killing me! Instead of getting me back to health, the medicine was putting me in a worse state! When I got to office, I felt feverish again. So I went back to the company doctor (3rd time in 2 weeks!) to get MC, so that I could take the afternoon off to rest, cos I had to be working on Thurday as there were project sessions and meetings and work to be done.
Just when I thought I was finally regaining my voice, and my nose was clearing, and the mucus didn't look so disgusting anymore, I was awaken this morning at 5am by a terrible stomachache. I went to poo, but no poo came. Then I went back to sleep in pain. Argh. At 6am, I got up, still very bad stomachache. But this time I managed to poo. But still stomachache. Then I broke out in sweat and vomitted out the undigested remains of last night's dinner. Ok, I decided I couldn't make it to work... the bus trip would probably make me merlion all the way to office. So I went back to sleep, and at 8.30am got up to sms my boss to inform him that I couldn't work (again) today. Now I must appear to be some weak sick wimp, always sick sick sick...
After breakfast, still stomachache, and I went to poo again. Then I went to the nearby clinic. 4th doc visit in 2 weeks! Wah lau, record breaking! This young lady doctor said I probably developed stomach flu.
Kaoz... when am I ever going to fully recover and be free from all these sickening illnesses?? Argh!
Friday, June 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment