Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hug Hug

When was the last time you hugged someone? Who would you like to hug most now?

I am not a huggy person. I dun go around hugging people. In fact, I'm usually not good with physical contact. I only hug people when they hug me first. And those people are usually not those closest to me. Ha. I've never even hugged most of my dearest friends. I think Mag Mag and Christine will remember that I always ran away whenever Christina tried to hug me. Haha!

I guess it's cos I didn't grow up in an environment where hugging is common. I remember that the first time I hugged my mum was when we went into the mortuary to view my father's body. Not my fondest memory, but I guess I will always remember that that's the first time I've ever hugged her. Dun think I've ever hugged her since. I mean, she'd probably hugged me when I was much younger, during the ages for which I dun have much memories of. Dun think I've ever hugged my bro either. It's just not in the family.

So why am I writing about hugging? Well, just some thoughts after I heard about this free hug project on radio just now. Anyway, I decided to check out what this project is about. Quite cool.

http://www.freehugs.org/
http://tribes.tribe.net/freehuggingtheworld

But I'm still not gonna offer hugs!

7 comments:

~justin~ said...

i saw the vid on the freehugs few days back as well =)

bubble said...

I'll hug YOU!

Xïåöhüï said...

You miss me, right? Hahaha!

carolineteo said...

*hug hug*

are u sure u've no inclination to hugs. cos u sure haf a tendency to 'nua' on us in NZ...

Kheng said...

my dear, just go hug your Mum and bro already!

Anonymous said...

I do remember that although we've been good friends for 7 yrs, we've never really hugged each other. I think the the first or maybe second time that we really hugged each other was the last time I left sg in March'06. So strange.. Guess Christina is the only one who's hugged you the most. It is a very emotional action when you do not do it often. So the next time I go back to sg, remember to give me a hug yah! Hehe.. Or else I'll just throw myself onto you. ;P Now like what kheng said, go and hug your mom and bro!

Anonymous said...

Fuah when did ur blog garner such readership???

A friend once commented that I'm touchy...huggy? Hmm...see whether I'll remember to hug u when I see u...