I must tell you, this is a great place, man!
I first found out about this place when I was watching 起飞 (Taking Off, which is currently showing every Monday @ 8.30pm on Channel U) about 2 weeks ago. That episode featured 3 restaurant startups, but Wild Rocket was the only one that caught my attention and made me want to go check out that place. Partly also cos I thought the chef was quite cool! Hehe...
Willin Low, the laywer-turned-chef was a lawyer for 8 years before he decided to quit the trade and became an apprentice at an Italian restaurant, after which he set up Wild Rocket, which serves Italian/Western food with a local twist. He felt that too many people now choose eating places as a by-the-way kind of thing, e.g. You go watch a movie at GV Plaza, so you just settle your dinner at one of the restaurants in Plaza Sing. He hopes that people will specially go to a restaurant for its food, so he set up Wild Rocket at the rather ulu Hang Out @ Mt Emily.
It is very ulu indeed. It is recommended that you drive there. Baozhu, Yanhui and I walked till our legs ached like crazy and we perspired like dunno what, plus this evening's PSI was hovering around 100 leh, before we finally found the place. But there is a short cut, if you know how to walk, it is quite a short walk actually.
Now, the food. It was really worth the long & hot & tiring walk. We ordered a fried cod dish with Thai chilli sauce ($12 for 2 pieces of fish cake size) for starter. Couldn't taste the cod fish though, but it's not bad actually. I would recommend that you try other starters though, cos I think $12 is a bit steep for this dish. But then, cod fish is expensive.
For mains, we ordered a Pasta with Chilli Crab Sauce, a crispy skin Salmon with mashed potato, and a Ribeye with dunno what + brandy dressing. We were very happy with all the 3 mains. The chilli crab sauce is like tomato cream sauce, hence you won't feel ge-lat finishing the whole plate of pasta, and it's not spicy but it tingles the tongue. Nice! For the Ribeye, I ordered medium well, and it was done just right. Nice! It came with this tofu-pudding kind of side. Quite interesting. My favourite steak place is still Angus though, but that's $50+++, so cannot compare. The salmon was heavenly, melts in the mouth! Slurp! The mashed potato had crab meat, I think. Nice also. Pasta main dishes are $14-$20, meat main dishes are $20-$25.
For dessert, we had Strawberry Cheesecake and Dark Chocolate Lava with Banana (ard $12 each). Yum Yum!
I'm looking forward to going back again to try other dishes on the menu. If you go with friends who drink wine, I think it's a good place to order wine to go with the food. The ambience is very good! And the chef came out to talk to the guests. He's very cute, he squatted by the side of the table to chat with them. He also came over to our table briefly even though we were done with our meal. Wah, first time I had the chef coming over to talk to me. I asked him about the flower on the table, cos it's a very unique flower, which I've never seen before. He couldn't remember the name of the flower but he said that it's from South Africa, and that they try to change flowers every week.
Also, the service by the waiters and waitresses is good! And, there's one waiter who's quite cute. Heehee!
Wild Rocket: nice place good food!
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ah...saw write up on this restaurant many times...ok shall suggest it for next gathering...hehe
And ya, think the chef looks cute...haha
free advertisement for them!!
wah got cute chef cute waiters...any of the waitress?!? =P
Post a Comment