第一次看到电影介绍:“女儿告诉父母自己是同性恋,发现父母也竟都是。”真的有被恶到,觉得这是什么垃圾戏,是为了卖同性恋主题而拍的吗?后来查询了影片资料,发现影评还不错,就决定看了。
This is a lesbian movie, but there's a beautiful feel about it throughout. Although there were recurring discussions about the concerns of being gay and whether gays should come out of the closet, it didn't feel like I was watching a gay movie, it's just simply watching a movie about 2 people in love. I guess that's what's so beautiful about it.
市子,the one who came out to her dad, and whom I feel bears a slight resemblance to Singapore's Jeanette Aw, is kawaii pretty. 英理, her lover, is so cool and sensual, even I felt momentarily in love with her. Maybe because the story originated from manga, that's why it's so pretty. But I guess the cinematography does play a big part.
"Love My Life" is a story about two gals in love who face the normal pressures that everyone faces: school work, parental expectations, relationship issues... But it's told in such a simple and beautiful way that... ooh, it makes me wanna be in a lesbian relationship too... and ooh, even the sex scenes are beautiful!
The J-rock soundtrack is great too! And now I know the alternative meaning of 炒饭. Hee!
Sunday, December 13, 2009
爱我生活 Love My Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
u watched in Jap? Aiyo it goes to show that u seldom watch Taiwan variety shows...(regarding 炒饭)
Yup, in Jap with Chinese subtitles.
Yup, I don't watch a lot of Taiwan variety shows. In fact, now I only watch TVB serials and Channel News Asia on TV.
Post a Comment