Date: Wednesday, 30 Dec 2009
I had to iron his shirt after breakfast! @#$%!!
But considering his gallant gesture of forgoing the comfy big bed to sleep on the small couch the previous night to avoid disrupting my beauty rest with his horrendous symphony of snores, I guess the chore was just a small effort on my part. Keke!
Robuchon à Galera
3/F Hotel Lisboa
The much famed Michelin 3-star French restaurant!
We both opted for the MOP$398 set lunch, which was a 3-course meal consisting of:
1. Appetizer or Soup
2. Fish or Meat
3. Cheese or Dessert
4. Coffee or Tea
Of course, there were also the 4-course set at MOP$498, where you could have both soup and appetizer, and the 5-course set at MOP$638, where you could have both the fish and meat as well.
That's the bread stand by the pillar. They would pick out the various types of bread and heat up for us to be served in a basket. Yummilicious!
This dish of oyster and garlic bread of sorts was complimentary!
His appetizer: Le crabe, which was king crab wrapped in lettuce. Tasty and refreshing!
My appetizer: Le foie gras. Interesting.
Waiting for our mains to be served. That's the waiting lounge of sorts behind him.
The dessert trolley at the table behind me! Ooh, can't wait!
Huge selection of wines and champagnes. There was a thick book of wines which must have had 1000 pages!
His cod fish: Le cabillaud.
The fish was fresh but I felt it was a tad too salty. Still tasty nonetheless.
My pork loin: Le cochon de Kurobuta.
The pork was soooooooo tender! Yum! The mashed potato was so fine and smooth! Delicious!
As expected of French food, the serving was really small.
But it all turned out fine really at the end. Because there were the desserts!
We could choose 3 each! Woohoo!
That's the Napoleon on the top right (delicious!), a cake with rum on its left (he said it tasted like cough medicine, but I thought it was nice) and a dark chocolate pie (fantastic!).
Lemon tart and chocolate mousse, also nice!
This was the miniature version of the globe at the centre of the dessert trolley. I've forgotten its name but it was yummilicious! The white ball tasted like marshmallow and those brown bits would sparkle and sizzle in the mouth! So cool! A very fun dessert. We loved it!
His coffee was so fragrant and delicious!
And my tea went very well with the desserts!
This was a very enjoyable 2-hour lunch and we were so full at the end of it!
a
MGM Grand
I loved the feature wall at the lobby!
.JPG)
There were several artistic glassworks on display too!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
I thought that the design of this passageway was really cool too!
.JPG)
There was a gallery displaying more glassworks for sale and they were really expensive! Some were selling for MOP$300K! That's like S$60K! Wow. But they were really beautiful. There was also a video showing the creation of the glassworks and it was really amazing!
I loved the feature wall at the lobby!
There were several artistic glassworks on display too!
I thought that the design of this passageway was really cool too!
There was a gallery displaying more glassworks for sale and they were really expensive! Some were selling for MOP$300K! That's like S$60K! Wow. But they were really beautiful. There was also a video showing the creation of the glassworks and it was really amazing!
a
He commented that I must have been very happy, as I got to eat all the nice food that I wanted to try, I got to see the beautiful tulips and I also got to see all these arty farty stuff. He's right, it had been a very fulfilling trip, both visually and gastronomically, and that made me a very happy gal!
The view outside MGM Grand. See the Grand Lisboa and Macau Tower again. It's like we were revolving around them!
The view outside MGM Grand. See the Grand Lisboa and Macau Tower again. It's like we were revolving around them!

1 comment:
Hey but u were ironing with a big smile on ur face! Sleep on different places doesn't mean u won't hear his snoring right?
Ya I think the passageway at MGM is nice!
Post a Comment