Caroline has declared that she shall aim to watch 100 movies that will be released this year. Being the movie buff that I am, I shan't be far behind either, even though I do not enjoy the kind of movie privileges that she has.
So, I have no specific target, but my new project is to keep track of how many movies that I have watched and will be watching in the year of 2010. Until I give up tracking, that is, as with all my mini projects. Haha!
And, my scope is a little bit wider, as it also includes past movies that I have not watched before. Plus, a little bit of review of sorts. Hehe.
Here's the record for the first 10 days of the year:
#1 New York, I Love You (2009)
Genre: Romance
Rating: 3 out of 5
Remarks:
Entertaining. Slightly different from Paris, je t'aime in that:
1. Star-studded cast! Bradley Cooper, Natalie Portman, Shia LaBeouf, Orlando Bloom, Christina Ricci, Ethan Hawke, Maggie Q, Shu Qi, etc.
2. Various characters re-appearing in-between stories to weave/link the different segments together.
#2 超速绯闻 Scandal Makers (2008)
Genre: Comedy
Rating: 3 out of 5
Remarks:
Cute cast, but not as LOL funny as I had expected.
#3 Whip It (2009)
Genre: Drama/Comedy
Rating: 4 out of 5
Remarks:
Drew Barrymore's directorial debut. Thumps up for Ellen Page of Juno fame! Indie yet entertaining. Great action in the roller derby scenes, and great emotional scene between Bliss (Page) and her mum towards the end of the film. Great soundtrack as well!
#4 Invictus (2009)
Genre: Drama
Rating: 3.5 out of 5
Remarks:
A feel-good, inspirational political film made palatable by focusing on the rugby game. I wouldn't expect anything less from Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon.
#5 Adam (2009)
Genre: Drama/Romance
Rating: 3.5 out of 5
Remarks:
A nice gem of an indie flick starring Hugh Dancy (The Jane Austen Book Club) about Adam, a lonely man with Asperger's Syndrome, who develops a relationship with his upstairs neighbor, Beth. If you like a different kind of romantic comedy, this is the film for you! Comes with a pleasant soundtrack too.
#6 听说 (2009)
Genre: Romance
Rating: 3 out of 5
Remarks:
这部电影,不用听,也不用说,是要很努力地看字幕!这不是一部浪漫爱情电影,而是关于姐妹情深的感人故事。
P/S: The year in parenthesis indicates the first release of the movie.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Xïåöhüï's Movie List 2010 (Inaugural Issue)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
If u watch half of the movies in the cinema at $8 each, u will spend $400. If u watch all in the cinema, u will spend abt $800! That's enough for a HK trip! =p
Very good math. So you shall save on movies and buy a ticket to come visit me!
u should be saying that to me...since she doesn't even watch that many movies in the 1st place...
I'm thinking of doing the same too! Since the very primal & "manual" way I thought of doing din get started, I'm hoping at least I'll get started on it in my blog... haven't really thought of how I'd go abt doing it though...
Except for no.2 which I've watched, all others r on my to-watch list!
两个一起来吧!
Post a Comment