Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Caroline, My Stupid-Movie-Mate

Do not be mistaken, I am not scolding you, my dear Caroline, I wouldn't dare to. Like real. Kekeke!

Caroline, of late, has been my movie-mate for stupid movies, hence the term stupid-movie-mate. Hehe!

The 3 stupid movies that we caught together recently:
1. Superman Returns
2. 鬼域 (Re-cycle)
3. The Lake House

Superman Returns was a very... e-n-t-e-r-t-a-i-n-i-n-g movie, cos it's so DUH, which made it so funny! I remember watching it halfway and when Superman was going to save the day, the Superman theme music would be played: da da daaaa da dadada daaaaa... And I turned to Caroline and told her I wanted to laugh, and we burst out laughing. Hahaha! So funny. They had a lot of cliche Superman scenes, and cliche Superman music, oh actually there were only 2 theme songs in my recollection: one was the Superman-saves-the-day da da daaaa da dadada daaaaa song, the other was the orchestra tune when he was cruising above the clouds. And Superman was defeated by a small kryptonite stick, but he could lift off the crystal-island full of kryptonite and fling it away from earth. Hmmm... DUH!!!

鬼域 was a very disappointing Pang Bros production. And it's a stupid stupid stupid movie. Li Xinjie only needed to act scared, and the little girl, though very cute, didn't even need to act, the rest are all CG, and as the story unfolded, Caroline was doing a great job predicting what was going to happen next! "They're going to offer the flowers to the ghosts sitting by their tombs." Bingo! But after she gave out flowers to some, the rest all wanted a share as well. How? No more flower! How? How? "She's gonna give them the hell money." Right on again! Either Miss Caroline has the knack to be a scriptwriter, or the storyline is damn duh! I guessed correctly that the little girl was also one of the abandoned babies in disgusting embryo/fetus-land. Ah, the little girl turned out to be Li Xinjie's aborted child! Who guessed that correctly, I can't remember now.

The Lake House. *SPOLIER ALERT!! If you have not caught the show and have intention to watch it. SPOLIER ALERT!!* Alex (Keanu Reeves) should have died! Caroline and me both agreed. HE SHOULD HAVE DIED!! At the end when he showed up at the Lake House where Kate (Sandra Bullock) was waiting for him, supposed to be very touching, right? Caroline and me both burst out laughing, cos it's so absurd! He didn't die, so the previous part where his bro told Kate that he died didn't make sense! Oh, and, in Caroline's words, no one else, other than Kate, seemed to notice that THE TREE sprung up overnight! And, if he knew where Kate stayed, he could have gone to her apartment to look for her! But no, he was somehow smart enough to hide THE BOOK under one of the floor boards in her bedroom, and she would get so frustrated that she would stomp on that particular floor board and find THE BOOK. Yes yes, so they found each other in the end. But he should have died. Cos by being alive at the end, the whole story didn't make sense! He should have died. Period. 凄美的结局总比无理的结局完美得多吧?

Oh, I didn't talk much about Caroline eh? But she's there, in between the lines. This is the first time I'm dedicating a post title to a friend who, by the way, will be reading this. Honoured eh? But this post is about the stupid movies that I watched with Caroline, my stupid-movie-mate. Heh.

3 comments:

carolineteo said...

it should be "stupid-movie mate". that will convey it more accurately.

thx for the dedication. as u have already read, i've also dedicated a post to u...

okie, together... "awwww"

Xïåöhüï said...

Nope, it's "stupid-movie-mate". No mistake about that. =P

carolineteo said...

"Xiaohui, My Mean-Msn-Mate"

maybe a good title for me next post