Friday, August 11, 2006

So touched~

This morning, as usual, I was on the bus on my way to work, listening to radio 100.3 from my handphone with the ear-piece stuck in my ears and reading 《我报》, when at 8.22am, my handphone rang...

So early, who could it be? I wondered. Without checking who the caller was, I received the call via the headset. "Hello..."

"Hello, where are you?" Oh, it's my brother.

"On the bus loh."

"What time will you reach office?"

"In another 15-20 mins' time."

"Do you want me to collect your barang for you?"

"You want to come to my office? Where are you?"

"I'm at Merchant Road."

I dunno where the hell that is loh, me with no sense of locations/directions.

"Ok loh, what time will you reach?"

"Around 8.40."

"Ok, call me when you reach."

My brother offered to drive by to come and bring my barang home for me! Wah, me was so touched leh! It's some foodstuff from my office's 拜七月 on Tue's 七月十五. There's a bag each of rice, sugar, salt, a bottle of cooking oil, a packet of instant noodles and a tetrapak of Pokka Green Tea. Oh, and a can of sardines and a packet of peanuts. All packed in an ugly plastic bag. I think the whole thing weighed about 3-4kg... maybe 5kg even? How to carry home?

I already brought back the peanuts, instant noodles and sardines yesterday. Still trying to figure out how to ration the rest for lugging home. And my dear brother came to save the day! Hahaha! Since he was coming, I decided to also pack the free 1L water bottle that was given to me by dunno who, a new calendar for this year which is better than the one that I already have, and some free notepads/post-it pads into the plastic bag containing the rice/sugar/salt for my bro to bring home. Hee...

Wah, so touched that he thought of coming by leh. So sweet! Haha, thank you, bro!

2 comments: