Sunday, August 20, 2006

National Day Rally 2006

My first reaction upon knowing that the National Day Rally will be aired live tonight: Argh, no TV to watch liaoz...

The topics mentioned in this year's rally: new immigrants and digital age. No mention of bonuses leh. Or did I miss it? Cos I only tuned in somewhere in the middle of the Mandarin section.

I killed some precious brain cells wondering why our dear PM was clad in ang bao red. Wah lau, very glaring loh.

The fun part about watching the rally was to catch who in the audience was totally bored and sleeping while the PM was making his speech. Those who dozed off, I think they will get it from their bosses/superiors/teachers tomorrow. Heh.

Looks like the govt. has not gotten over the Mr Brown issue. Mr PM reiterated the govt's stand on "dismissive criticisms of govt. policies". Serious issues must be discussed on a serious platform. Ok, we get that. Some things never change, no matter how you package it and declare how "open" you are.

For 2 hrs, I was interested in what the PM has to say to us, the people. I was no longer politically apathetic! And my conclusion is that he gives a better speech in English. It's not hard to tell that he's more at ease and jokes more naturally in English.

It's past 11pm now. The rally has ended for some time already. Most of us will get back to watching crappy shows like 《综艺大哥大》, or 《全民乱讲》 if you have SCV... It's back to life as usual. Time to rest and sleep before Monday blues strike. Bleah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

哈哈哈,同感同感!可是这次我少有的不会有失落的感觉,因为有VCD可以看!哈哈哈

我从来都没有那种耐性听演讲,不管是哪一种演讲。还有,不能了解观看国庆庆典的人到底抱着的是什么心态。很好看meh?

不过,看过他演讲的片断,会想说他在用华语演讲时是不是在冒汗,哈哈。