Monday, September 21, 2009

Sprained Ankle

I have a sprained ankle and I don't even know how I injured it. There was just slight discomfort yesterday when I was ironing my clothes, but I just dismissed it. However, when I stood up after having dinner at the mall, there was acute pain, so I quickly grabbed a bottle of ointment from Watsons and took a cab back.

Today, the pain came on and off, but everytime it came on, it was more painful than before. So I decided to consult a 跌打医生.

The doctor performed acupuncture on me! OMG, it's the first time in my life experiencing acupuncture! He poked two needles not at my ankle, but on the back of my right hand just after the thumb. Then he rubbed his ointment onto the affected area on the ankle. And then... tada!


The paste under all that bandage feels cooling. He said I could remove it tomorrow morning and that I would be able to play soccer tomorrow! Haha.

6 comments:

tomatoh said...

wah..... take goodie care ne!
can u dun go to work tom? heehee...

Xïåöhüï said...

It's tomorrow morning already. I'm not going into office to minimize walking. Am working from my accom though.

poh said...

ha.. i also sprained my ankle during the trip.. all swollen. but getting better now. so can u kick soccer now??

Xïåöhüï said...

No, it still aches on and off. But it is not swollen. Dunno what's wrong. Sigh.

xm said...

Try strengthen it by rotating it & try not to limp too much...
Just curious, in what language did the sinseh speak to u?

Xïåöhüï said...

Mostly Mandarin. We could understand each other lah.